Thursday, May 7, 2015

Proposal

Does religion affect law?
People do not act the same as before, people change and so their view and cultural beliefs. If society has changed so much, do the laws for which we are governed under need a change too? Church and state is supposedly separated under yet we let one of the basic beliefs of a religion that took over a majority of the world affect the way we make laws. Religion or any belief systems at times can often be the foundation of a culture's value and how thing get done. If religion is so powerful shouldn't there be a force to govern its effect on law. Is there an effect on law? Under U.S law all religions are protected, but I feel that some religions are favored more than others. Is it right for a Christian lawmakers to impose the morals that they developed from their belief system to be imposed on you and me? One example I can think is gay marriage. Is it right that law maker can have a say in love. What divine right do they have to do such a thing, and even if they did have a divine right, is it fair that they force it upon us? Such situations like this happen every day that we live. Lawmakers feel that they have the right to impose their religious view onto us.
        I plan to research laws that affect our daily live and evaluate whether or not they are driven by the religious beliefs and how they are driven by religious beliefs. For my research I will use the John jay library. Also I will look at courts cases in which final decisions were affected by religion or any other cultural belief for that matter. I plan to look up law reviews from well-known laws from around the country. I will take a look organization that try to preserve religions and how they do so. The most important question to answer is whether or not laws are affected by religious value and whether or not it is right to do so and why?
I plan to begin my research with finding out how much man is influenced by religion. I will find out just how powerful religion is and how I got to be very powerful. The question I plan to answer is whether or not law is affected by religion and if so how. Another question I will pose is does the US protect law making from influence from law. Are there any currents laws state and/or federal that seem to be resemble or look like morals or have some sort of religious belief as its foundation. And whether or not these laws can be justified?


It is important that we make sure that law is not influenced heavily by religion and or any belief system, the world has changed greatly from what it was a century ago. Not all people believe in the same god or gods you do. Nor do they wish to have your moral value pushed on to them. Is our job as those who are affected by law directly? It’s our job to make sure that law is fair, just, and pure.

No comments:

Post a Comment